ART Conference 2019 – Goes to Worcester!
Published: Friday, 01 February 2019 07:45
ART will be holding its annual conference on 2/3 March at Worcester. The exciting agenda includes a great line up of speakers, with keynotes by:
- Mark Regan, the Ringing Master at Worcester Cathedral, who will not only be looking to the future, but offering visits to the Cathedral Ringing Centre. Book early, as places are limited!
- Matt Bulbeck, a professional outdoor sports coach and bell ringing teacher.
- New-ish ringers Ian and Louise Wilson, with their take on bell ringing leadership based on 20 years of knowledge and experience gained in industrial and academic settings.
- Simon Linford and Clare McArdle, who will be talking about Project Pickled Egg alongside the re-launch of the Learning the Ropes Plus scheme.
Reflecting the rapid proliferation of questions and concerns around recent events, additions to the ART line-up include presentations from the Church of England about safeguarding and the C of E, bell ringing insurance and risk assessments. There will be opportunities to talk through any local issues with the experts who will be available throughout the day.
The second day of the conference weekend concentrates on building a vision for the future of youth ringing and is hosted by the Central Council. A day of speakers and break-out sessions. A day for you to help shape the future. A day for anyone interested in developing the leaders and ringers of the future.
- A Vision for the Future of Youth Ringing – David Hull
- Putting Girls in the Lead: How Girlguiding Does it – Fiona Joines
- Successful Leaders and the D of E Scheme – Christopher O’Mahony
- Parental Involvement: What can we Learn from other Activities – Pip Penney
- Different ages, different approaches – David Smith
The day will include a number of break-out sessions led by youth leaders. These will provide plenty of opportunities to share ideas and good practice and give you the chance to draw a vision of the future and start working towards it.
The ART Conference is our leading national event and is open to anyone with an interest in ringing teaching and leadership. We would like to invite you to join us at Worcester on 2nd & 3rd March 2019 for what is sure to be a full and interesting weekend.
» Book your conference place now
Sponsored Places Available for ART Conference!
Published: Saturday, 19 January 2019 16:00
Interested in ringing, teaching and leadership?
Our lovely Alan Collings is once again generously offering to sponsor 10 places on the 2019 Association of Ringing Teachers (ART) Conference being held at Worcester on 2nd & 3rd March 2019. The ART Annual Conference is an inspiring and enjoyable weekend, with leading speakers sharing best practice from their ringing as well as ideas from other activities and professions. Continuing last year's successful partnership with the CCCBR, the second day of the conference is organised by the newly formed Volunteer and Leadership Workgroup and focuses on youth development and leadership.
The conference is open to all ringers. Book your place now - together we can make a difference.
Further information can be found at http://ringingteachers.org/news/conference
Tickets are now on sale. The Sussex members who attended last year found it interesting and extremely worthwhile. In 2017, one Sussex ringer even came away with a new set of handbells!
Alan specialises in restoration of handbells, and will be in Worcester with handbells for sale and also to discuss repairs etc. for any handbells you may already use. Alan kindly brought the Dewbys Bells mini-ring to support the SCACR presence at the South of England Show in June 2018. He's always extremely supportive of the Association, and we thank him for his continued generosity.
Thank you Alan!